Sunday, June 26, 2011

(2007) Be With Me

I'm posting some music that I've made on my old computer that I very likely may not work on anymore, and this song is one of them.

I wrote this back in 2004, after meeting somebody and falling madly in love with them. Back then, I only wrote depressing songs and this is probably the first slightly more positive one I wrote then (I say 'slightly' more positive because the original words were still rather negative-sounding). I had composed completely different music for it though...and it's yet another one that I just sat on for a really long time, mostly because I didn't like the music and some of the words just didn't seem right.

I revisited it in 2008, after we broke up. After hearing it and having a good cry over everything, I sat down and rewrote some of the lyrics and made entirely different music for it. Then...I completely forgot about it until a few months ago! When I did find it, it was one of those "Why the hell haven't I done anything with this?" moments. So I re-recorded the vocals (the song still had the cruddy 'laydown' vocals I originally recorded in '04), tweaked a few things on the music, and...well...here it is. I think it's quite a beautiful song, myself. :)




I check the time, it's 4 o clock,
I can't believe how long we've talked
I want to stop, but then I look into your eyes
Outside, the rain is trickling down
Inside, the warmth it wraps around us
Want to stop but then I look at you inside

Be with me
Be with me
Be with me
Don't let me cry
Be with me
Be with me
Be with me
Please help me fly

You see, my heart's still beating
Slowly, slowly, I'm conceding
If you touch me I'm still breathing
I have not yet died
You fill me with your warmth and love
So many worlds I've dreamed of
We come together, rise above
Our foolish pride

Be with me
Be with me
Be with me
Don't let me cry
Be with me
Be with me
Be with me
Please help me fly

No comments:

Post a Comment