Monday, December 20, 2010

(Classic) Halcyon - On and On (1992)

Oh. Wow.

When I can listen to a song 18 years later and still marvel at all that went into creating it, that just means that song is so much more awesomer. :)

When I was 17, I bought a tape from Muchmusic called "R U Receiving?" Not only was it the first item ever encountered outside the internet that used futuristic ways of communication, it had some pretty kick-ass tunes on it. Notably, The Prodigy, Moby, Massive Attack. This was my first foray into tasting electronic music...to feed my appetite at the time, so to speak. My second was the purchase of the 'Hackers' soundtrack in 1995. Oh, and the 'Trainspotting' soundtrack. I guess that's how you could say I knew what kind of music I should be making, but was trying to figure out a way to make it at this time.

At either rate, this was on the 'hackers' soundtrack, I believe. And it seemed to epitomize all I've felt about music. This song *makes* you want to throw on some pajama pants before listening, because you know you're gonna be going on a journey. And some may ridicule me for this, but I only found out LAST YEAR that the vocals snips were taken from "It's A Fine Day" by ATB (also a popoular electronic group from the late 80s - early 90s).

Please listen, and enjoy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment