Monday, December 13, 2010

(Classic) Robert Miles - Children (1994)

What can I say about this song? Well, for starters it was the song that epitomized everything I ever wanted to do with my music. Before I heard this song during a particularly eye-opening epiphany at my first rave (I learned how to really dance), my early experiments with electronic music were based on the only thing I really knew of at that time: Nine Inch Nails. To me, music was an expression of anger and pain, a way to get all that out of a person. I didn't even think about the fact that it could be used to express such joy and beauty.

Weird, huh? But this uplifting piece which still brings tears to my eyes 13 years after I first heard it opened up everything for me. It's been my most influential song to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment